Friday, July 12, 2013

My Siblings

Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church celebrated Mom and Dad's 33 years of parish ministry and Dad's retirement the end of June.  It was an incredible weekend for our family, and for me personally, it was a snapshot of my childhood in some ways.  I grew up in that church and was loved by so many people who encouraged me and nurtured me. 

Mat's family flew in from Seattle and we all had such a GOOD time together.  We spent Friday together at our house, Saturday at Becca and Rory's farm, and Sunday at church and then Mom and Dad's house.  Here is a favorite picture taken in our backyard:
 And a cousin picture:
These cousins love each other so much.  I have a short video of my three girls sobbing as we drove away after saying our goodbyes.  I won't post it.  But I cried too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment