Friday, March 11, 2011

Sonna the Swimmer/Bouncer


Sonna loved going to her swimming lessons and enjoyed meeting new friends Avery and Josie. She and Avery liked to share a shower after the lesson while rinsing their hair with conditioner and then admired each other's pajamas. Sonna will be 4 in less than two months. Such a social little person! The lessons were in the Therapy Pool, a very warm pool that is just 2 1/2 feet on one end. Sonna bounced as much as she swam around assisted by a life jacket or her instructor. Honestly, she was in constant motion from 6:30-7:00 PM.
A Sonna story: Last week while Svea was doing some tummy time on the floor, I looked over and Svea was on her back wrapped up in a blanket. I said, "Who moved Svea?". Sonna replied, "I wanted to wrap her up like Baby Jesus".
Later that day I was teaching her the song This is the Day (That the Lord Has Made). Each line is repeated. After I sang "And be glad in it", Sonna repeated "And play in the tent".
(:

1 comment:

  1. Sonna! She is a kick in the pants! I'm so happy you are writing these quick stories out as they happen. The funny this is that I think Sonna was on to something. If we are really to be glad in it and to celebrate the day, then there is no better way than to play in a tent. It's a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete