Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The End of the Cardboard Houses



I didn't know if we'd ever get to dispose of the cardboard boxes. They've been a permanent fixture in the living room since Jedd brought them home back in April. It's September and the girls sure made full use of their play houses. They even decorated them with markers, artwork, and fake flowers. Last week when we brought them outside some of the neighborhood boys were being too rough with Mara's house and she came to me with tears in her eyes and said, "They are ruining my house". I brought it back inside and that night Jedd and I broached the subject that we would need to recycle them in the next few days. Much protest! But on Saturday, Jedd apparently convinced them that the time was right and they enjoyed the destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment