Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sonna Is Ready!


Yesterday Sonna woke me at our bedside just before the 7 am alarm went off asking, "What are we doing today? Where are we going? Who are we going to see?" I told her that I was hoping we'd just stay home today because we had been to town everyday this week. I suggested we bake something and she thought that was a good idea. Then she said, "We should make Happy Birthday cupcakes for our Baby!" I thought this was a great idea and decided to roll with it. Apparently we were on the same wavelength because last night I had picked out her "Big Sister's Rock" shirt for her to wear today. :)
We used my chocolate chip banana bread recipe and made them into muffins. Sonna got out her princess candles from her birthday back in May and asked me to 'candle light' her candle. We sang Happy Birthday Dear Baby and Sonna blew out her candle. A few minutes later she said, "Will you candle light my candle again, Mom?" So I did. This time, she sang Happy Birthday Dear Sonna. So darn cute.
It didn't work - baby didn't arrive yesterday but we had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment