Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy News!


We are expecting a baby! I'm 11 weeks pregnant with an arrival date of mid September. We are all very excited. And I am much more nauseous this time around and having a harder time sleeping at night, which is exacerbated by the fact that an afternoon nap is a major rarity given the fact that my two little ones don't nap anymore. So my nausea seems to settle in around 4pm and stay until I go to sleep at night. On a few occasions, I have set the timer for 45 minutes for some afternoon quiet time and gone to lay down on my bed (with the door closed in hopes that I might fall asleep). One of these times, the girls got into the paints and had a grand old time. Another time they found some chocolate and marshmallows. I didn't care. I was just happy to have 45 minutes of peace and quiet.
Today I saw a woman with an infant on her front and a toddler on her back in a pack. I turned to Jedd and said, "Our girls will be able to walk and run without needing me to carry them while I carry this baby". That sounds nice. Sonna will be 3 years and 4 months old and Mara will be 5 years and 4 months old when this baby joins our family. I think that will be just right!
Happy growing, baby! I'll do my part to help - approximately 30 pounds. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment