Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Special News

After much prayer, consideration, and some sleepless nights, we have decided to move back to Minnesota! It will be such a gift to be near our families (parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins), college friends, camp friends, and our old church family. It will be a joyful homecoming in many ways, and at the same time, it is hard to leave Montana. This was Jedd's dream to come to Montana and I was happy for the wonderful opportunity given to us. During the past nearly 5 years, we have experienced a loving community, amazing schools for the girls, mountain adventures, 65 camp counselors who have loved our girls each summer, and two beautiful additions to our family; Sonna and Svea. And there have been some challenges too.
We take this leap of faith knowing we are leaping into a whole lot of love and support from our family. We are excited for this next part of our journey together and we trust that God will continue to take care of us.
My mom took this picture of us on Jedd's birthday, May 24th. It was taken just before we told the girls of our plans to move back to MN but it easily could have been taken just after they heard the news. The girls were thrilled to hear we were moving to MN. They immediately spoke of their excitement to be near grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins. I was so relieved that I cried and had to explain to the girls they were tears of joy.
To follow up, a few days later Mara began to feel sad to leave her friends, her school and her house. Bedtimes have been filled with heightened emotions for her. Two nights ago, Mara was calling for me after both Jedd and I had done bedtime with the girls. I didn't come right away because Jedd and I were watching a movie and I didn't have many patience left. Soon Mara cried, "Nobody loves me. You think I'm weird". (Weird had three syllables when she said it). Well, that broke my heart and made me laugh simultaneously AND it got me back in Mara's room. I explained that her dad and I were having some Mommy and Daddy Time. She cried, "I need some Mommy Time". I hugged her and agreed to stay 2 more minutes. Then she exclaimed she was going to run away. Next Sonna cried, "Then I won't have any Sister Time!" Oh, dear. Stay tuned . . .

7 comments:

  1. best. news. ever. Because I want sister time too! And I want niece time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My response was exactly like Becca's: This is AWESOME News! Does that mean you come back to Grace? :)

    Oh, so fun to have you back in MN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! We will be back at Grace and are so excited to call it our church home again. We'll see you in July, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot express my excitement!!! Thoughts and prayers for you as you begin the move. Also anytime you want free babysitting.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Katie! We are all so excited to reconnect with the camp community in Mpls./St.Paul. It seriously makes this move a lot easier knowing we have all of you even as we are leaving FLBC. Can't wait to see YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in on the free babysitting too! (I'm looking for fun activities all summer, pretty much, and hanging out with the Larson girls would DEFINITELY count as a fun activity!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excited doesn't even begin to touch on it! Sigh* At last!

    ReplyDelete