Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cozy, Sleeping Sisters

Mara and Sonna are now sharing a bed. At first they were sharing Mara's twin mattress and as you can tell, they didn't seem to mind. But on occassion, Mara would call out in the middle of the night, "I want Sonna to go to her own bed; she's squishing me", or one would roll out of bed. So a couple weeks ago, we moved the queen sized bed into Mara's room and it has been a rather smooth transition. No one has fallen out of bed and they go to sleep pretty well. One night Mara fell asleep immediately but Sonna had napped and wasn't as tired. Jedd and I laughed in the kitchen as we listened to Sonna say, "Knock it off! Shut it off!" over and over again. Mara was sound asleep but apparently Sonna needed to work through something. On a side note, although Sonna was very proud of her crib, I think she was lonesome and just plain cold when she'd wake in the middle of the night and want us to stay in her room until she fell back asleep, even as a 2+ year old. She is sleeping through the night every night now that she has her sister to keep her company and cozy warm.

2 comments:

  1. I can just hear Mara saying, "I want her to go in her own bed!" This picture is fantastic and I'm so happy Sonna is sleeping through the night now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet... Your girls are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete