Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sonna's Spiritual Wisdom

Sonna is a very spirit-filled little girl. She loves Baby Jesus in the nativity, at 2 1/2 she sang "All is calm, Alleluia!" at my mom and dad's piano, last summer she was singing "Oh, My Jesus!" at the top of her lungs while standing on top of the picnic table, last week she was walking around with her children's Bible and said, "And the angel said 'Don't be afraid. I bring you good news!'"
Earlier this week Sonna asked me, "How can God fit into all of our hearts?" All this to say, Sonna's faith is real and growing and that is exciting to see. So you can imagine my surprise when Sonna called me into the bathroom where she was taking her bath and said, "Mom! I touched-ed God!" To which I replied, "Really? How?" and she replied "I put my finger in my butt crack and I felt Him. I felt Him!" I am appalled at how funny that was in the moment. God help us!

1 comment: