Saturday, May 15, 2010

Jedd's Beds


Jedd made the girls each a doll bed for their birthday. The girls have loved setting up their babies in the new beds inside their cardboard box homes. (Yes, the boxes are still in our living room and continue to be enjoyed!)
When I first saw the way the girls had situated their dolls and the bedding Mara exclaimed, "Mom, we both have two babies without anything broken . . . Not even legs!"
I can explain. One of the dolls we have has lost an arm and a leg and although Jedd has tried to throw her out a few times over the year, I always reason that it's good for the girls to play with a doll that isn't perfect, one with a disability of sorts. I don't know if it has made any impact or not, but maybe it's similar to my parents giving my brother a black baby doll when he was little?

No comments:

Post a Comment